Give a Car
Are you looking to get rid of an old vehicle? The Cars for a Cause program donates money to YVC when you donate your car.
This program is a year-round, national service available to anyone wishing to donate an unwanted car, van, motorcycle, truck, bus, motor home, boat, trailer or airplane. Vehicles, running or not, must be whole and have a clear title. Towing is free and donors may qualify for a tax deduction. The program is fully licensed and insured, and service providers meet all local and federal EPA requirements.
How YVC’s Vehicle Donation Program Works.
Provide the following information:
- The year*, make and model of your vehicle
- The general condition of your vehicle and approximate mileage
- The Vehicle Identification Number (VIN). This is a 17 digit number usually found on your registration, title and/or insurance policy. It usually can also be located at the base of the windshield on the left-hand side.
Running or not, the only requirements for Cars for a Cause to accept your vehicle are:
- The vehicle must be whole.
- You must have a clear title for the vehicle.
After getting information about your vehicle, a Cars for a Cause representative will mail you a packet with a self-addressed envelope in which to mail back the signed title to your vehicle and an odometer statement. Upon receipt of your completed packet, a representative will contact you to arrange for free vehicle pick-up. Donated vehicles are then sold at dealer-only auctions or to licensed recyclers.
Save the cover letter included in your packet with a description of your vehicle for tax purposes.