YVCHQ Hosted Sites
While a Youth Volunteer Corps program is traditionally hosted by a local nonprofit organization such as a YMCA, United Way, or another youth-serving organization, Youth Volunteer Corps headquarters also operates programming in communities regionally.
The staff at YVCHQ coordinates program planning and community outreach from Kansas City, while a local program director is hired to supervise youth on service projects. Together the team works with members of the community to ensure a successful and fun YVC experience that meets real community needs.
Like traditionally-hosted YVC affiliates, these programs create service-learning that is team based, diverse, flexible and structured while following the eight YVC Program Standards:
- Conduct frequent, supervised, team-based service projects that address a variety of important community needs.
- Recruit youth ages 11-18 who represent the diversity of the program’s community.
- Assign a program director responsible for managing the program.
- Establish an integrated education and reflection process for participants.
- Provide leadership opportunities for youth volunteers.
- Use the trademark Youth Volunteer Corps name and logo prominently in close coordination with the name and logo of the YVC host.
- Provide no financial inducement for youth volunteer participation.
- Participate in the YVC program evaluation process.
In summer 2018, YVCHQ operated programs in 7 communities: Columbia, Jefferson City, Joplin, Kirksville, and Springfield, MO; and Topeka and Wichita, KS. 119 youth volunteers served 3,206 hours at 22 nonprofit partners in these communities!
For more information on these YVC programs, contact Amanda Moser at email@example.com.
These programs were made possible through funding by the AmeriCorps VISTA program, the Dwane and Velma Wallace Foundation, Columbia Metro Rotary’s Reach Out program, Columbia’s Great Southern Bank, the Louis L and Julia Dorothy Coover Charitable Foundation, Wichita’s Fidelity Bank, Topeka’s Capitol Federal, and the Sunderland Foundation.
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/yvcomudu/public_html/wp-content/themes/yvc/page.php on line 33