Most Youth Volunteer Corps programs are run by existing nonprofits and municipal departments, but there are a few programs that have been successful running independently with no host organization.
As an individual, you can choose to either propose the YVC program to a potential host organization or try to launch YVC independently. If you want to propose YVC to a credible organization whose mission aligns with ours, go to the Organizations page for the information you need to present to them.
This process below allows us to evaluate the capacity of individuals considering launching YVC independently and determine how we could best support their efforts in doing so:
- 1. Download and complete the Independent YVC Application. Submit application and additional resources required (listed on page 6) to YVC Headquarters.
- 2. YVC Headquarters will confirm your application and other attachments were submitted successfully and include a timeline for what to expect within the coming months. Applications are kept confidential and neither YVC nor the applicant is bound in any way by their submission.
- 3. Your application will be reviewed by the Affiliate Services Team within two weeks of submission. You may be contacted if more information is required.
- 4. If your application passes its preliminary review, YVC Headquarters will request an interview.
- 5. If you are accepted for affiliation after the interview, you will be sent the YVC Affiliation Agreement and an invoice for affiliation dues.
- 6. When your signed YVC Affiliation Agreement and dues are returned, YVC’s President and Board Chair will each sign the agreement and return to you a final version.
- 7. Welcome to the YVC family!