Youth Service Scholarship
The Don and Jean Sloan Youth Service Scholarship is awarded through Youth Volunteer Corps Headquarters. The $1,000 scholarship is open to active YVC volunteers who have demonstrated excellence in volunteerism and leadership and who are committed to making a difference in their communities.
- Must be a youth volunteer with a Youth Volunteer Corps program.
- Must be a senior in high school or a first-year college/university student to apply.
- Must demonstrate good character and leadership.
- Must have plans to continue volunteer service in college and beyond.
- Preference will be given to youth volunteers who have completed at least 100 hours of service during a two-year period with any YVC program throughout the U.S. or Canada.
Scholarship recipients will be selected based on community service activities and volunteer work with YVC, as well as demonstration of leadership.
What You Need:
- Scholarship application submitted by April 30. Please ensure that your application is submitted successfully—you will be redirected to a page thanking you for submitting your application to confirm that your application was successfully submitted.
- Two references (not family members) who fill out the reference form by April 30 (you are responsible for ensuring that their reference arrives on time).
- If you live in Canada, you can use this Canadian Grade Point Average Converter to convert your grades to the U.S. standard.
Applications and references must be submitted by April 30.
Questions about the application process? Contact Chelan David at email@example.com or 816-472-9822.