International Youth Advisory Board
The 2018-2019 International Youth Advisory Board (IYAB) term is off to a great start with 24 outstanding youth volunteers from across the YVC network!
This year, IYAB has set three goals:
- Incorporate youth voice in YVCHQ’s programming
- Create a ‘One YVC’ culture
- Encourage youth leadership
Each IYAB meeting and special project aims at meeting these goals. IYAB members get the unique opportunity to meet and learn from other youth volunteers across North America, work on special projects, advance the mission of YVC at an international level, and grow as a leaders in their communities!
Here are five signs you might be a good fit for IYAB:
- You love making a difference in your community through your local YVC program.
- You serve as a leader on YVC projects and offer exciting new ideas to improve YVC.
- You will be within the age group of 11-18 and still in either middle or high school during the 2019-2020 school year.
- You’re willing to commit to IYAB’s monthly calls on the second Sunday of each month and are able to spend an additional 10-15 hours throughout the year on special project required by IYAB members.
- You’re enthusiastic, excited, and ready to change the world through YVC!
Thousands of youth volunteers serve with YVC each year, and we’re looking for the 20-30 best to serve on IYAB. Since IYAB is a prestigious position and also because we truly believe that youth can change the world, we are asking anyone who applies to be able to commit to the following:
- Commit to attend monthly IYAB conference calls taking place the second Sunday of each month at 7 p.m. Central Time (8 p.m. East Coast, 6 p.m. Mountain Time, 5 p.m. West Coast). The IYAB term will be August 2019 through May 2020.
- Becoming an IYAB member is a privilege that many youth volunteers want to enjoy, so we take the commitment seriously and we expect that you will too. Members are permitted three absences throughout the year as long as they notify the advisor of their absence in advance. However, missing a call without notifying the IYAB advisor in advance will result in a warning, with the second offense resulting in removal from the board.
- Volunteer regularly with your local YVC program (at least four times during the IYAB term) and remain in good standing with your local YVC.
- Strive to attend the YVC Summit. We strongly advise that IYAB members attend the Summit to learn more about YVC and their role on IYAB. Members will also help in a variety of ways during the Summit, and IYAB will have the only in-person meeting at this event.
- Work together with the other members of IYAB to further YVC’s mission and IYAB’s goals.
- Work with your local Program Director to bring the new ideas from IYAB back to increase YVC’s presence in your local community.
- Help promote YVC both online and offline. We expect you to have comfortable knowledge of email and social media and be able to use each of these to promote youth service. Each IYAB member will be required to submit at least one blog post during their term.
- Be willing to meet new people, share ideas, be challenged, try something new and have a ton of fun!
Ready to apply?
Check back on May 1, 2019 to find the application for the 2019-2020 IYAB term!
Still have questions?
Check out the FAQ page for more information about IYAB.
Contact Sagan Hundley at firstname.lastname@example.org or (816) 265-1363 for more information.