International Youth Advisory Board
Do you love making a difference in your community? Would you enjoy getting to know other passionate Youth Volunteers from throughout the U.S. and Canada? Are you ready to make a difference on an international level? If so, we want you on YVC’s International Youth Advisory Board (IYAB)!
Ready to apply? Here are five signs you might be a good fit for IYAB:
- You love making a difference in your community through your local YVC program.
- You serve as a leader on YVC projects and offer exciting new ideas to improve YVC.
- You will be within the age group of 11-18 and still in either middle or high school during the 2017-2018 school year.
- You’re willing to commit to IYAB’s monthly calls on the second Sunday of each month and also able to spend an additional 5-10 hours throughout the year on projects that come up through IYAB.
- You’re enthusiastic, excited and ready to change the world through YVC!
Thousands of Youth Volunteers serve with YVC each year, and we’re looking for the 15-25 best to serve on IYAB. Since IYAB is a prestigious position and also because we truly believe that youth can change the world, we are asking anyone who applies to be able to commit to the following:
- Commit to attend monthly IYAB conference calls taking place the second Sunday of each month at 7 p.m. Central Time (8 p.m. East Coast, 6 p.m. Mountain Time, 5 p.m. West Coast). The IYAB term will be August 2017 through May 2018.
- Becoming an IYAB member is a privilege that many Youth Volunteers want to enjoy, so we take the commitment seriously and we expect that you will too. Members are permitted three absences throughout the year as long as they notify the advisor of their absence in advance. However, missing a call without notifying the IYAB advisor in advance will result in a warning, with the second offense resulting in removal from the board.
- Volunteer regularly with your local YVC program (at least four times during the IYAB term) and remain in good standing with your local YVC.
- Strive to attend the YVC Summit 27-28 in Kansas City, MO. We strongly advise that IYAB members attend the Summit to learn more about YVC and their role on IYAB. Members will also help in a variety of leadership roles during the Summit, and IYAB will have the only in-person meeting and extensive brainstorming session at this event.
- Work together with the other members of IYAB to further YVC’s mission and IYAB’s goals.
- Work with your local Program Director to bring the new ideas from IYAB back to increase YVC’s presence in your local community.
- Help promote YVC both online and offline. We expect you to have comfortable knowledge of email and social media and be able to use each of these to promote youth service.
- Be ready to share ideas, be challenged and have a ton of fun!
We want to make sure that we get a team of youth who are committed to changing the world. We know that once we assemble this team, the sky’s the limit. But don’t worry—we’re going to have a lot of fun along the way!
Ready to apply?
You can find the online application here. The deadline for applying is May 31. We will announce the 2017-2018 IYAB by June 30.