The Don & Jean Sloan Scholarship Fund was established to encourage and reward youth who have made a difference in their communities. A $1,000 scholarship is awarded annually through YVC to the individual chosen.
Don Sloan served on YVC’s board from its inception until his passing in 2013, and he served as the chairman for 15 years. The scholarship was established as a gift from Don and Jean’s daughter Julie in honor of her parents.
- Must be a Youth Volunteer with a Youth Volunteer Corps program.
- Must be a senior in high school (grade 12) or a first-year college/university student to apply.
- Must demonstrate good character and leadership.
- Must have plans to continue volunteer service in college and beyond.
- Preference will be given to Youth Volunteers who have completed at least 100 hours of service during a two-year period with any YVC program throughout the U.S. or Canada.
Applications for the 2017 Don and Jean Sloan Scholarship are due April 30.